Find out how to make Instant Pot salsa chicken tacos and turn them into a healthier alternative with zucchini nachos!
This Instant Pot recipe is so easy that we have it once a week at our house! My kids are able to just dump the ingredients in the Instant Pot making it a double win for this Mama!
You can make these easy Instant Pot shredded chicken tacos for about $10 and it feeds 7-10 people with leftovers.
The best part about this recipe is that ALL of the peeps in my giant family love it even the kid who basically lives on peanut butter! They even devour the leftovers the next day. That is a mom win!
Don’t have an Instant Pot! Why not?! The Instant Pot has been a game changer for my family. I’ve never been so happy with a kitchen appliance before.
Some meals take less than 5-minutes to make like my family’s favorite Chicken Tacos and our version of Cowboy Lasagna.
How to Make Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
This salsa chicken recipe makes easy and delicious shredded chicken tacos in the Instant Pot.
You can also use a slow cooker to make salsa chicken. To do so, you would first defrost your chicken and then follow all of the steps for this recipe. Then, let the slow cooker cook for 3.5hrs or until the chicken has reached 165 degrees and shreds easily.
Salsa Chicken Ingredients
- Jar of Salsa
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (sometimes I just add chili powder and some red pepper flakes)
- 3-4 frozen chicken breasts
Cook Salsa Chicken in Instant Pot
Dump all ingredients in the following order into the pot: chicken breasts, salsa, taco seasoning.
Set your Instant Pot to “Pressure Cook” on High Pressure for 35 minutes.
Quick release and use a wooden spoon to shred the chicken. It will be very easy to shred and will fall apart. Stir.
Let sit for 5 minutes while you prep plates with tortillas and cut lettuce and tomato!
How to Make Zucchini Nachos
To make zucchini nachos, I slice a zucchini into half inch thick slices. Next, I sprinkle the zucchini slices with olive oil and fajita seasoning. Finally, I place them in the oven to broil for 8 minutes.
After 8 minutes, I place some shredded cheese on the zucchini slices and then I put them back on broil for 2 minutes to melt and crisp the cheese.
For a healthier alternative to tortillas, I use zucchini slices as a base for my salsa chicken. I add the shredded chicken and then top with lots of lettuce and tomato.
Last, I use sour cream and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top! It’s delicious and a healthier substitute to what I was eating before — sometimes a tortilla, but most of the time Doritos Nacho Cheese chips!
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. I don’t mind cooking dinner anymore!
Quick, easy, and delicious shredded chicken tacos made in the Instant Pot as well as a slow cooker. Use zucchini nachos as a gluten free alternative to flour tortillas!
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 4 frozen chicken breasts
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- Dump all ingredients in the following order into the pot: chicken breasts, salsa, taco seasoning.
- Set your Instant Pot to “Pressure Cook” on High Pressure for 35 minutes.
- Cut zucchini into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place zucchini slices on pan and sprinkle with olive oil and fajita seasoning.
- Broil for 8 minutes, then top with cheese.
- Broil for additional 2 minutes to melt and crisp cheese.
- Quick release and use a wooden spoon to shred the chicken. It will be very easy to shred and will fall apart. Stir.
- Let sit for 5 minutes while you prep plates with tortillas and cut lettuce and tomato!
- Use zucchini as a base instead of tortilla and layer shredded chicken and toppings on top. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 701mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 7.1gProtein: 13g
Nutritional information varies based on individual serving sizes. Nutrition information isn't always accurate.
This zucchini nacho recipe originally appeared on Our Family Code.